Bread Dipping Stuff

*I plan to dip with my grain free biscuits in order to stay on track with my eating habits!)

I try so very hard to stay away from grains and such, specifically, BREAD ... I love bread but it doesn't necessarily share the same affection for me ...

But if I'm going to any Italian restaurant, you better believe I'm eating ALL the bread they bring to the table. Hubby knows that too ... so he grabs his single piece to set aside while I seriously stuff my face. How embarrassing it must be for my table mates ...


Take me to Carrabbas and don't worry about feeding me anything BUT the bread and that dipping stuff ... OMG ... I've died and gone to heaven.

I make a version of this for parties ... but it's not real heavy on stuff, just a lot of olive oil, a dash of red pepper flakes, a dash of garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. If I'm up to it and have it, I will also add a small amount of shredded Parmesan cheese, but most of the time, not. All ingredients are eyeballed and we are good to go. Not really a party friendly food in that everyone is dribbling but ohhing and awwing while they stuff THEIR face, much in the same way I must do!



Then, when I saw this recipe, I thought ... hmmm .... I need to give this a shot ... and I did.

The good thing is that this keeps in the pantry (or fridge if you use the fresh garlic) so hey, you can have a small batch of the herb-y stuff just waiting for you to say "CRAVE TIME" and whip up a small batch ...

Go ahead, gather up the following and indulge:

1 tablespoon of EACH:

black pepper
red crushed pepper flakes
oregano
rosemary
basil
parsley
garlic (I used fresh stuff since it's hanging out in the fridge)
and 2 teaspoons of garlic salt

Mix all together in small container with a tight fitting lid (a small canning jar works great!) and stick in the pantry/fridge.



When you are ready to have a little something special grab yourself a small dish, add 2 or 3 tbs of the mix and then top with olive oil, as much or as little as you like, stirring well to combine. Slice up some crusty bread (baguettes are perfect for this) and dip away, remembering to wipe your chin of any dribble so as not to embarrass those around you ;-)


Go ahead and dig in ...

*Can I just tell you something, real QUICK? This makes a GREAT mini marinade for chicken ... brush it on and then grill it up ... oh yum!*


Looking forward to sharing at some of these GREAT PARTIES!

Comments

  1. That looks so yummy! I'm a big bread eater myself. Once my sister had a food party (one of those home party type things) and I stuffed my face with bread dipped in oil the entire time. Probably would have been embarrassing if I'd paid attention to anything but the bread! haha Anyway, pinning this for later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this dip for bread at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so great! I need to try this!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've pinned this delicious recipe! I like the idea of using your bread dipping stuff for bread dipping or for a marinade. It's so versatile! Pinned. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs