Menu Plan Week 115 - Using What We Have

Hi! Did you miss the plan last week? That's because I didn't really HAVE a plan as it was a busy week and figured, salads, tuna sandwiches and one night of chicken and roasted broccoli didn't really warrant a post about menu planning and meal prep! So there you have it!

This week however, busy as it might be, yet again, will have a plan as I just feel lost without some idea of what to have any particular evening. You know, just because I say chicken and veggies on Monday does NOT mean chicken and veggies on Monday ... that might be pushed to Wednesday or just in to the following week ... especially if I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer!!

Which brings me to ... for a little while, I was making it a point to pull all the protein out of the freezer on Sunday for the week ahead. Sadly, I've had a few items that ended up getting tossed as the following Sunday reveals that I didn't use something I should have ... like the 3 pounds of ground beef in the garage refrigerator at this moment ... I hate food waste when it happens like that ... so I'm back to only doing a few proteins, not all of them!  I will say though, the freezers are a little more workable now since I'm using/losing stuff that I'm digging out lately ... that feels good and hopefully will make room for better meal preparations ahead ...

There's hope, I'm telling you! Of course, the refrigerators are currently overflowing after my stop at Costco on Saturday morning ... I am putting myself on a fairly strict food budget for the next week and the month of April, EVEN with Easter coming!

In other news, I did a 5 day course of antibiotics last weekend and through the beginning of the week ... and, today, again, Sunday, I feel like I have a touch of something blah again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a small flare that will come and go quickly ... stay positive!

Here's what I'm looking at for the week:

Sunday - Pork Tenderloin and roasted broccoli (pork from freezer and broccoli just bought). This was actually dinner made Saturday but I felt pretty queasy to my stomach and opted not to eat ... Hubby had a grilled pizza with the Boy instead so I will just reheat all in a skillet with some ghee (I had this for breakfast too)

Monday - I have a kickboxing class I want to check out, sick or not so tonight is going to be a simple salad with some creamy dressing ... my need to pick up some more salad stuff as I didn't get any at Costco the other day! Leftovers for Hubby, the boy did a weeks' worth of meal prep with broccoli, pasta and spinach, Princess and the BF picked up subs, and I, well, I had nachos. I'm sick, and I crave carbs when I'm sick (and it could possibly be because I was really really making an effort to avoid grains!)

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday! Will most likely use the ground turkey I picked up at Costco (balance of ingredients in fridge/pantry)


Wednesday - if all goes well, another class this evening and a super easy dinner with a cobb salad ... will probably stop at Fresh Market or Whole Foods to pick up some salad stuff and good deli meat ...


Thursday - Italian Beef in the Crockpot ... hunk o beef from the freezer, balance of ingredients in pantry. I also have the ciabatta rolls in the freezer for everyone and I will serve mine over a bed of coleslaw (fridge) ... recipe and pics coming soon, I promise!

Friday - Leaning towards Sausage and Peppers as I have the sausage in freezer and most likely will have some peppers that will need to be used or frozen soon ... IF we do this, I also have a few of the smaller loaves of italian bread in the freezer that I will pull out for the sandwiches too.

Saturday - I picked up some beautiful strip steaks a few weeks ago and am thinking of pulling them out if we have friends/kids/family around ... otherwise, chicken with smashed taters ... steaks/chicken in freezer, taters in fridge

What are YOU making this week?

Looking forward to linking up with Organized Junkie's Menu Plan ... go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs