Margarita-ish Grapes

I've really been trying to eat healthier AND cut down on food waste around here. Yes, sometimes I DO overbuy and other times, though much more rarely, I under buy.

My #1 problem? Fruits. And veggies. The veggies simply because I have all these great ambitions and then run out of time (or desire) to prepare them the way I had intended.

The fruit, on the other hand, is simply because some days I just don't want fruit ... and then the damn kids, well, they are off and living their own life most of the time, so I can't always count on them to help me eat up the stuff.

Grapes, in particular. I love grapes, but I'm pretty picky about them. No squishy ones please. TIP: buy when the stems are GREEN as they are still fresh then ... doh, I didn't know that for years!

So  I had this box of grapes in the fridge that were actually a food gift from one of the vendors we do a lot of business with at work. They bring in sweets (cupcakes, cookies, etc.) and I've begged them to stop bringing that stuff. So then they started bringing healthier things in addition to the sweets. Like grapes, almonds, strawberries, etc. This week was grapes.

And what luscious grapes they are! Boss-Man said they must be on steroids or something as they are HUGE and FIRM. Just the way I like them ... and please, do keep your minds out of the gutter til we are done with this post ;-)

Now this is NOT my idea ... but rather a gal that goes by the Instagram handle of Amazon_Ashley and she has been posting tips like freaking crazy for the Whole30 community over there ... and this just slapped me in the face ... so off I ran to the kitchen!

Grapes ... I had green and red so I mixed them up
Limes ... you will only need the juice (I only used one)
sea salt ... next time I will try the pink Himalayan sea salt


Wash grapes well and take off stems. Dry.

Wash limes and cut in half. Glad I only cut one as that's all I needed!

Lay grapes out in a shallow dish and squeeze all the lime juice out of limes over the top.  Lightly sprinkle with salt (I went overboard on my first mini test batch).

Go ahead, pop one in your mouth to taste. What do you think?

Grab some little baggies (I used those cheap foldtop sandwich bags that I picked up for packaging chicken) and toss a handful in to each bag. Feel free to sample another grape or two while you fill all the bags up.  Twist top close, toss those bags in a ziploc and toss that in the freezer.

Wait (patiently) an hour or so and grab one of the little bags. Open up, do the toss trick and catch the grape in your open mouth (yeah! you did it! Not me, always miss so I won't be doing this!) and think, ohhh...this would be good in a little tequila.

Seriously, they are good all by themselves, which is how I ate them ... and I'm thinking that this is going to be my new go-to snack for the boat! Who needs salty potato chips??

Go ahead, give them a try ... I'm glad I salvaged the grapes that were fast approaching non-edibleness to my picky palate ...

Looking forward to sharing with some of these great parties ... make sure you check them out! Show Me What Ya GotWhat's Cooking WednesdayIts a Party!Works For Me WednesdaySugar and SpiceWake Up WednesdayWhatever Goes WednesdayWednesday WhatsitsReal FunWhat I Whipped UpWork It WednesdayLovely Ladies, Weekly CreativePenny Pinching PartyDomestic Superhero, All Things ThursdayThe Weekly CreativeTasty ThursdayFull Plate ThursdayCreate It ThursdayFabulously Frugal ThursdayCrafty Thursday ObsessionsFrugal Food ThursdayShowcase Your TalentThink Tank ThursdaySimple Lives ThursdayFoodie FridayGet Real Frugal FridayFrugal FridaysFood on FridayFreakin Did It FridayFeature FridayThe Pin JunkieFreedom FridayFriday FavoriteFoodie Friday, A peek into my paradiseFoodie Friends FridayFun Friday blog hopFriday FavoritesTGIF BLOG HOPWeekend RetreatWhat’s ShakinWeekend WondersWeekend PotluckGet Him Feed Anything GoesDwell on FridaysFriday Foodfight, Lil Luna Link PartyFoodie FridayTGI Friday Friday with Friends, Simple Living Foodie FridayInspirationsWeekend WanderWeekly RoundupFeature Yourself SaturdayThe Party BunchI Gotta CreateShow and Tell SaturdayShow Off WeekendShow Stopper SaturdaySweet and SavoryThe Weekend CreativeWeekend PotluckWill Cook For SmilesStrut Your Stuff SaturdaySaturday Show & TellSuper Saturday Show & TellSay G'day SaturdayNot Bad SundayPotluck PartySunday Showcase Sundae ScoopSuper SundayMop It Up MondayCreative MondayThe ScoopMelt In Your Mouth MondayPin It Party Made By You MondayHunk of Meat Monday What’d You Do This WeekendMarvelous MessMaking It CuterTime To SparkleMealtime MondayTime To Sparkle, Makin You Crave MondayClever ChickCreative Corner Blog HopMake Your Own MondayMix it Up Monday,  Save Money MondayLou Lou GirlsInspire Me MondayIn and Out of the Kitchen, MemoriesTasty TuesdaysTuesdays At Our HomeHow To TuesdayHandmade TuesdayMaking a HomeShow Me The GoodsTotally Tasty TuesdayAll My Bloggie FriendsShare Your Stuff TuesdayTuesday Talent ShowFat TuesdayThe Gathering SpotAnti-Procrastination Tuesdays 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs