Week 88 Menu Plan - Using What We Have

Happy Labor Day!  Hoping that you are having great weather and are getting a lot of outdoor time in for the final holiday of the summer!

We generally do our big festivities on Sunday for 3 day weekends. That gives me time to clean up, clear out and get ready for shorter work week ... which this week will be even more fun as I'm sure my dad will be released from the hospital at some point Tuesday ...

I also plan on hitting the gym a minimum of three times this week since I blew it off TOTALLY last week :-( I need to get focused!  With that, the dinner plan will be a little simpler so I have less work to deal with when I get home ... I'm also hoping to cook up some extra protein on Monday afternoon for the week, in addition to lettuce prep.

I'd also like to stay far away from any grocery stores for the week .... had stopped at Whole Foods on Sunday morning for a few things and walked out $80 poorer ... WTF? Oh, wait, the ribs. The ribs were on sale for $6.99 and I had thought I would surprise Hubby with them ... 4 slabs that cost me $41. He didn't want to make them so I will cut them down and stick in the freezer. I really need to share the crock pot way we've been doing them! Super easy and doesn't heat up the whole house!

Here's what we are looking to eat this week:

Sunday - pool party - brats, bison burgers and applewood smoked hot dogs on the grill. Hubby also made up baked beans, his famous buttermilk ranch dip (with pretzel rods on the side) and the kids made fresh tomato salsa and guacamole.  There was plenty of food and beer consumed with the last guest leaving around midnight

Monday - quiet day for us ... we will make up the rest of the regular hamburgers, brats and chicken sausage for the day and the rest of the week too ... will be just 6 of us to feed

Tuesday - White chili in the crock pot (recipe should post Tuesday!) ... using chicken from freezer, balance of items in fridge and pantry. Will serve up some toasted italian bread on the side for anyone who wants. 3 of us to eat

Wednesday - Grilled cheese and salad ... will make up some honey mustard dressing to go alongside ... 5 of us, I believe



Thursday - leftovers. Not counting bodies today!

Friday - buffalo chicken pizza ... did not make this last week and I still have all the ingredients to make it.  6 to 8 of us will be eating.

Saturday - looking to make grilled steaks with roasted veggies on the side, providing everything goes according to plan.  Skirt steak in freezer, veggies in freezer and fridge. Again, 6 to 8 participants!




What are YOU planning to make this week?

Looking forward to linking up with Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday! Go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs