Cinnamon Roll Smoothie - Grain & Dairy Free

I've been on a small smoothie kick recently ... probably in my attempt to use what we have and to fix my sweets craving ...



You do know that I try to Use What We Have, right? For the most part, I'm fairly successful, other times, not so much. But now, as we enter in to Week 16 of Hubby's Unemployment, I'm becoming much more conscious on where my dollars are going ...

Which is what prompted me to finally make this smoothie, which I've had pinned forever under my Vitamix and Smoothie board ...

It's fairly simple, and YES, I had all the ingredients on hand. Even the DATE. How on earth is that possible? Ummm, ALDI, baby. Must have had a recipe (this one even?) that needed, I must have spotted them at ALDI dirt cheap (of course) and picked up a bag. Trust me, I was thinking I would need to add something else to sweeten it up.

Ok ... here's how I did it:

1 cup almond milk (I use plain, unsweetened)
1 frozen banana
1 date, pitted and cut in half
1 tbs of almond butter (or peanut butter if that's what you use)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp of cinnamon plus more for sprinkling top



Guess what you do? Toss everything in the blender and let it rip.  Mine made a funky noise and I think because I had a pit fragment. That's ok, the trusty Vitamix killed it, pulverized it in to non-existence.

Pour into serving glass and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!



Looking forward to linking up with some great blog hops ... make sure you check them out!  Mop It Up Monday, Creative Monday, The Scoop, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Dinner Time Recipes, Show Me What You Got, Made By You Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Sweet Sharing Monday, On The Menu Monday, Meatless Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, Marvelous Mess, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Time To Sparkle, Mealtime Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, Clever Chick, Creative Corner Blog Hop, Make Your Own Monday, Mix it Up Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen, I Gotta Try That, Tempt My Tummy, Memories, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesdays At Our Home, How To Tuesday, Handmade Tuesday, Making a Home, Show Me The Goods, Totally Tasty Tuesday, All My Bloggie Friends, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Penny Pinching Party, The Gathering Spot, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Tuesday with a Twist, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Show Me What Ya Got, Show Me What You Got, What We Wore/Read/Made, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, Wake Up Wednesday, Wheat Free Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Work It Wednesday, Homemade By You, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, Real Fun, What I Whipped Up, Work It Wednesday, Lovely Ladies, Weekly Creative, Domestic Superhero, All Things Thursday, The Weekly Creative, Tasty Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Create It Thursday, Crafty Thursday Obsessions, Frugal Food Thursday, Thursdays Treasures, Somewhat Simple, Showcase Your Talent, Simple Lives Thursday, Show Your Stuff, Foodie Friday, Get Real Frugal Friday, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Freakin Did It Friday, The Pin Junkie, Friday Link Party, Freedom Friday, Friday Favorite, Foodie Friday, Weekend Wonders, Weekend Potluck, Get Him Feed Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Lil Luna Link Party, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, I Gotta Create, Show and Tell Saturday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Link & Greet, Saturday Show & Tell, Super Saturday Show & Tell, Say G'day Saturday, Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Super Sunday, Tried and True

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs