Smoothie Bags

Summertime is here, the Boy is home and I'm thinking, frozen yogurt to the rescue! No, not the kind that resembles ice cream, that is NOT what I'm talking about.

What I AM talking about is frozen yogurt CUBES for smoothies and such.

Uh huh.


Makes life so much easier.

And then, to make things even better, you just cut up your fruit and add them to little bags too ...


And just like that, you have Smoothie Bags. Awesome! Feel free to use recycled ziploc bags. (don't worry, raw chicken NEVER saw this bag ... it was an overestimation of how many bags I needed for freezing)

So...it's not a big deal to do ... but you do have to make an effort ...

Take your yogurt (personally, I've started going with PLAIN yogurt) and dish it into the ice cube trays.

Smooth out the top if you are OCD, or just leave as I do.



Freeze. Once frozen, pop them out of the trays into ziploc bags and toss in the freezer.

When ready to use in a smoothie, toss a few cubes (I use 3 to 1 cup milk/juice) and add the frozen fruit along with  the milk. No need to add ice! NOTE: Be sure to PEEL the bananas before you freeze ... I also cut mine in to 4 to 5 pieces to give my blender a little break ...

Whip it up and seriously enjoy. I love easy tips like this.  With summertime here, this is PERFECT.

Sharing with these great blogs hops/parties: Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Mop It Up Monday, Mangia Monday, Creative Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Show Me What You Got, Made By You Monday, Muffin Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Meatless Monday, Marvelous Mess, Mix and Mingle, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, I Gotta Try That Mondays, Creative Corner Blog Hop, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Tempt My Tummy, Made From Scratch, Tasty Tidbits, Tuesday At The Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Timeout, Handmade Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Penny Pinching Party, The Gathering Spot, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Show Me What Ya Got, Show Me What You Got, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Show and Tell, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Homemade By You, Lil Luna Link Party, Whole Foods Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesdays, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, Super Link Party, Ultimate Recipe Swap, Show Your Stuff, Taste This Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Somewhat Simple, Showcase Your Talent, Simple Lives Thursday, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, I Gotta Create, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Link& amp; Greet, Saturday Show & Tell, Say G'day Saturday

Comments

  1. Dropping by from Mop It Up Mondays Blog Hop. This is a great idea that I'm going to share with my daughter. She makes a breakfast smoothie almost every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this type of recipe so that we can have what we want right at hand yummy

    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I enjoyed the post you linked in to Claire Justine. Great time saving idea. I have linked in a post about a chilli dish I made. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so smooth the tops!
    Love these little smoothie kits--grab, toss, enjoy.
    Thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo smart. My boys were just saying how they want to start doing smoothies for breakfast when school starts. I was trying to figure out a good time-saving way to do them {and NOT using their suggestion of just buying the pricey "drinkable yogurt stuff"}. I'm SOOOO going to be doing this now!! So happy you shared this at Mop It Up Mondays!!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a seriously good idea. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend? Yep, making up smoothie bags for my quick morning smoothie before I dash out the door to work. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good tip! I often pull out full bags of frozen fruit when we only need about 1/3 of the bag. I should prebag the fruit and mark them for smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! I use a mix of fresh and frozen fruit so that I don't use ice in our smoothies, but I love the idea of frozen yogurt as well! Thanks for sharing at Tiny Tip Tuesday - I'm sharing this on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever idea. This will get "pinned" a lot for sure. :D Thanks for sharing it on BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yet another reason why I love following your blog. :) You've been featured at Wednesday Whatsits. Thanks for linking up!
    http://www.whitelightsonwednesday.com/2012/08/wednesday-whatsits-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea!!!!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a brilliant idea. I make smoothies all the time for my toddler, so I'm definitely giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs