Potato Soup - Crockpot Style

Apparently, this is compatible to Outback's potato soup, but I wouldn't know because I haven't been to an Outback in years, seriously, like 8, maybe even 10??

But with a blog named Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour, you have to trust the girl, nod your head, and say Amen Sister =D.

But all kidding aside ... it's fast approaching December, the most magical time of the year and well, them damn Target employees were wearing Santa Hats on November 19th ... so I felt the need to bookmark the recipe and make it as soon as December rolled around.

December 1st, to be exact. Yes, that would be Thursday coming up. No, no, NOT Thanksgiving, but the following Thursday. Geesh.

The original recipe is here. This is how I'm planning to do mine ...

1 large bag of frozen, shredded hash browns. I will have to hide as Hubby will automatically assume that is breakfast food.
2 cartons (32 oz each) of chicken stock (pantry, Costco buy)
1 can cream o' chicken soup (real deal, campbell)
1/2 onion, chopped fine
1/4 tsp ground black pepper (although I'm considering white since I have some)
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese. Sorry, apparently NO FAT will not melt, so don't use unless you want clumpy stuff
Optional for topping: bacon bits, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, diced red onions, etc. Personally, you gotta have toppings! So we will have all but red onions as I'm not buying THOSE.



So just toss everything except the cream cheese in your crockpot. Mix it up a little (just because), set on low, and go to work for the day.

Come home 8 hours later, praise the Lord that you thought to make dinner before you left this morning and throw in the cream cheese. Personally, because I'm different, I cut mine up in cubes. Go ahead, be different with me. Put the lid back on and wait another hour (more or less) til the cheese melts.

Note: Next time, I think I'll try the country style diced potatoes ... just sayin.

Serve it up and top with choice of toppings! Enjoy!

Linking up with Ultimate Recipe Swap ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs